Chocolate Almond Pancakes & WafflesLight and fluffy low sugar pancakes that are so easy to make: These Chocolate Almond Pancakes are a delicious, healthy breakfast choice.
* Los carbohidratos netos te ayudan a rastrear los carbohidratos que afectan los niveles de azucar en la sangre. La fibra dietetica y el edulcorante SOLA se deben restar del total de carbohidratos ya que tienen un impacto minimo en el azucar en sangre.
ServesMakes: 4 servings (8 pancakes or 4 waffles)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
DirectionsTo make the batter
- Mix all dry ingredients together thoroughly in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs, melted butter, softened cream cheese, vanilla extract, and milk.
- Mix well, preferably with an electric mixer, which will help incorporate more air bubbles. The batter will have a thick consistency (far thicker than a conventional pancake batter). Don't be alarmed and don't add any extra liquid!
To make the pancakes
- Place a cast-iron or non-stick frying pan over low heat (the trick to making perfect low-carb pancakes is to cook them slowly over low heat, unlike flour pancakes).
- Add a small amount of coconut oil or butter for each batch of pancakes.
- Drop 2 tablespoons of almond mixture in the pan and spread out using the back of a spoon (aim for 3-inch round pancakes).
- Cook for 2 - 3 minutes until set; you can drop a few blueberries into the uncooked side of the pancake at this point, before flipping. Flip the pancake and continue to cook for 1 - 2 minutes until fully cooked, puffed up, and golden-brown.
- Top with Greek yogurt or whipped cream, and fresh berries. Enjoy the pancakes immediately while still warm, served alongside crispy bacon.
- For an extra indulgent treat, top with Sola