El Mejorado Pastel de Chocolate Bajo en CarbohidratosThis large, decadent, special occasion cake is shockingly low in carbs, and rivals the best sugar-laden chocolate cake you
* Los carbohidratos netos te ayudan a rastrear los carbohidratos que afectan los niveles de azucar en la sangre. La fibra dietetica y el edulcorante SOLA se deben restar del total de carbohidratos ya que tienen un impacto minimo en el azucar en sangre.
ServesMakes: 20 servings
Prep time: 2 hours
Cooking time: 30 minutes
IngredientsPastel de Chocolate
1 1/3 cups (128 g) finely ground almond flour
Directions1. Preheat the oven to 350F/180C. Butter four 9-inch cake pans and line with parchment.
2. Make the cakes: Sieve the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk to ensure they are thoroughly mixed.
3. Set a mixing bowl on top of a pan of simmering water (or use a double boiler). Place all of the ingredients for the wet mixture, aside from the eggs, into the bowl. Stir regularly for approximately 10 minutes until all of the ingredients are melted and the mixture is smooth and glossy. Whisk the mixture thoroughly.
4. Transfer the wet mixture to a mixing bowl, add the eggs, and whisk thoroughly. Combine the wet and dry mixtures in the bowl of a stand mixer and use the paddle attachment to beat for 3 to 5 minutes. The mixture will thicken as the flaxseed soaks up the moisture.
5. Divide the cake mixture equally between the cake pans, using the back of a spoon to spread the mixture into even layers with a smooth tops. Place the cake layers in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and set to aside to cool.
6. Make the cake syrup: place all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes until the mixture resembles a light syrup and the butter has emulsified into the syrup.
7. Poke small holes into the top of the cooked cakes and gently spread the syrup over the layers, dividing equally between all cakes. Place the cakes into the freezer.
8. Make the frosting: place the cream in a saucepan, sprinkle the powdered gelatin over the top, and let rest for 5 minutes to bloom. Whisk the mixture then add all of the other ingredients aside from the egg yolks. Place the pan over low to medium heat and stir regularly for approximately 10 minutes, while the mixture heats up. Cook the mixture until all of the ingredients are melted and the mixture is smooth and glossy, then use a whisk to ensure it is fully blended.
9. Place the egg yolks in a large mixing bowl and whisk lightly. Pour the chocolate mixture over the yolks while whisking constantly. Use an immersion blender to blend the mixture until perfectly smooth. Pour the frosting into a mixing bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 3 hours.
10. Assemble the cake: transfer the frozen cake layers from the freezer to the counter top and remove the cakes from the pans by gently warming them on the stove or using a blowtorch.
11. Place half of the frosting mixture in the bowl of a stand mixer, and use the paddle attachment to beat until light and fluffy. Repeat this step for the second half of the frosting mixture.
12. Melt the decorative chocolate in small mixing bowl set over simmering water. Set aside until the cake is frosted.
13. Layer the first half of the frosting mixture between the cake layers, and use the second half to frost the top and sides of the cake. Drizzle the melted chocolate down the sides of the cake and use a piping bag to swirl frosting around the top edge of the cake. Store the cake in the refrigerator until needed. Transfer the cake to the counter (for two hours) to reach room temperature before enjoying.