Low-Carb Pumpkin PieThis low-carb version of classic pumpkin pie is virtually indistinguishable from a traditional pumpkin pie; a buttery, flaky crust filled with a luscious, spiced, pumpkin custard filling. Elevate this silky pie with whipped cream and chopped pecans
* Los carbohidratos netos te ayudan a rastrear los carbohidratos que afectan los niveles de azucar en la sangre. La fibra dietetica y el edulcorante SOLA se deben restar del total de carbohidratos ya que tienen un impacto minimo en el azucar en sangre.
ServesMakes: 10 servings
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Grease a 9-inch, round pie pan with butter, and line with parchment paper.
- Make the crust: place the almond flour, arrowroot, and salt in the bowl of a food processor and process until combined. Add the cold, cubed butter, and pulse until the mixture resembles pea-size crumbs. Add the egg white and water mixture and continue to pulse until you have a smooth batter.
- Spoon the thick batter onto a sheet of parchment paper, and using a spoon, spread the mixture into a circle roughly the size of your pie dish. Place another sheet of parchment on top and place into the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up.
- Transfer the pastry circle from the freezer to the counter, and use a rolling pin to smooth out the dough. Remove the top layer of parchment and flip the dough into the pie dish. Carefully peel off the second layer of parchment and press the dough into the dish. Trim the edges so the crust is even with the top of your dish. The pastry dough will soften quickly after it is removed from the freezer, so work fast for best results without cracks or tears. If the pastry has cracks, simply fill them in with excess dough.
- Make the filling: simply place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until well combined, then pour into the dough and place in the oven to bake for 50 minutes, until set. Gently shake the pie dish to see if the filling is set; if it appears runny and loose, continue baking, if there is a slight wobble within an overall firm texture, the pie is ready.
- Remove the pie from the oven and allow to cool in the dish for 2 hours. After it is completely cooled, slide the entire pie out of the dish and decorate with whipped cream and chopped pecans.